EAT ONLY NATURAL RAW FOODS. AVOID PROCESSED FOODS.
You should know that you are what you eat.
Do you know that the food you intake can be your best health maintenance system or your medicine or your disease creating agent? It is your choice to decide what it will be for you.I want to tell you that most foods found in supermarkets today are just the main cause of your diseases.
All the same, it looks as if 90 percent of the money Americans spend on food goes to buy processed foods.
Supermarket foods are deprived of the nutrients necessary to maintain life, plus they are loaded with any sort of health damaging, disease creating additives that you should never put into your mouth.
Supermarkets are offering and selling mostly “processed food”. The difference between “real food” and “processed food” is that real food is made of a single ingredient, just as nature made it; processed foods are foods that have been chemically processed with a number of refined ingredients and artificial substances.
WHY THE MARKET OFFERS PROCESSED FOODS
Because of the competition, processed food manufacturers spend massive resources on making foods as desirable as possible therefore the foods are being engineered to make them the most “rewarding” to the brain, in fact, they are so rewarding that they overpower anything available in nature. The consumption of processed foods affects our thoughts and behavior, making us eat more and more of them until eventually we become completely addicted and then sick.
Processed foods contain at least:
- Preservatives: Chemicals that prevent the food from rotting.
- Artificial Colors: Chemicals that are used to give the food a specific color.
- Artificial Flavor Enhancers: Like MSG, Monosodium Glutamate. Chemicals that give the food a particular flavor.
- Texturants: Chemicals that give a particular texture.
- Synthetic Trans Fats: Common in foods like vegetable oil, such as crackers, chips, most store-bought baked goods, and any fried foods,
- Artificial Sweeteners: Like Aspartame and High Fructose Corn Syrup. To enhances your appetite
- and much, much more.
And these are also the worst ingredients you can find in processed foods.
All these substances that constitute the essence of a processed food are utilized just to cheaply manufacture a product that only looks similar to a natural product (bread, vegetables, fruit, meat, cheese, etc.) that you wish to eat. In reality, the processed food manufacturers have skillfully made a total fake so when you buy what you think it’s cheese, you get a “processed cheese”, that is, something that has been made of fillers, oils, emulsifiers, salt, annatto and other colors, various types of sodium, concentrated milk protein, preservatives, etc., etc., etc.
And the same story goes on for anything else that you buy: So you buy chocolate that is not chocolate, mayonnaise that is not mayonnaise, cream that is not cream, peanut butter that is not peanut butter, eggs that are not eggs, and so on and on, for butter, ice cream, fruit juice, cookies, bacon, tea drinks, for any “food”.
There are more than 3,000 food additives, preservatives, flavorings, colors and other ingredients that are added to US foods. Some of which are not allowed in other countries.
OTHER DANGEROUS INGREDIENTS OF PROCESSED FOODS
When you eat these fake foods you are ingesting a variety of these damaging substances: which include: high fructose corn syrup, potassium sorbate as a preservative, soybean oil, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, soy lecithin, partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, cottonseed oil, sodium aluminum phosphate, alkali processed cocoa, cornstarch, sugars, artificial colors, xanthan gum, water, disodium phosphate, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel vegetable oils, nitrites and nitrates preservatives, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, whey, mono and diglycerides, TBHQ (tert-butyl hydroquinone) carrageenan, calcium pantothenate, xanthan gum, calcium disodium EDTA, sodium bisulfite, BHA, partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil, sodium acid pyrophosphate, tricalcium phosphate, synthetic antioxidants BHT and BHA, dipotassium phosphate, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, sodium hexametaphosphate, sodium benzoate, Yellow #5, Yellow #6, caramel color, sodium hexametaphosphate, Red 40, Blue 1, Blue 2, sodium aluminum sulfate, textured soy flour, maltodextrin, calcium fumarate, Yellow 5, soy, synthetic minerals and vitamins, etc., etc., etc.
6 to 12 and more of these substances are enough to make about any type of processed food that you eat.
These substances present in all “processed foods”, in these industrial foods, (supermarket foods) are just creating diseases in the population.
Are you wondering why the world population is getting sicker and sicker? Why we have now more serious diseases than years ago like cancer diabetes, heart disease, auto immune disease? Why more people die at always younger age and more children get sick and die than before?
Because most people eat processed foods. That’s the main reason why people all over the world are getting fat and sick. Because processed foods have become the main components of the “Western” diet. And it has been estimated that half of the American population now have diabetes or are pre-diabetic and are not aware of it.
Diabetes is a very dangerous disease because it doesn’t stop there and it cannot be cured by chemical drugs. When you get it, it goes ahead to generate more health complications among which there are:
- Cancer: 50% more risk of getting cancer for full diabetics and 15% for pre-diabetics.
- Kidney disease: Diabetes is the leading cause of disease failure
- High blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke: 70% of diabetics suffer from high blood pressure. The risk of stroke and heart disease is 4 times higher than for healthy people.
- Dental disease: About 30% of diabetics suffer of periodontal disease.
- Amputations of Limbs.
- Blindness: Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness among adults.
- Nervous system complications: The majority of people with diabetes suffer more or less severely of nervous system damage.
Processed foods are bad for you for a number of reasons:
- They contain all sorts of artificial ingredients. Just look at the label of the list of ingredients and you will read names that you never heard of before, names that mean nothing for you. And do not forget that they also contain a number of other secret chemicals tag are not listed on the table.
- Processed foods can be addictive for many people. Addiction causes loss of control over consumption thus leading to overconsumption.+ so people can’t stop eating them no matter how hard they try.
- Processed Foods Are Usually High in Sugar and Fructose Corn Syrup. This is a deadly combination because excess sugar consumption has devastating effects on metabolism causing insulin resistance, high triglycerides levels, increased levels of the LDL (bad) cholesterol and increased fat accumulation in the liver and abdominal cavity, with consequent metabolic syndrome then heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cancer problems. Cancer cells thrive on sugar and any food that converts to sugar, such as grains, pastas, carbs, breads and most fruits. So for those who are dealing with cancer, eliminating sugar is key. For those who are looking to maintain health, eating a balanced diet that includes fruit is not as big of an issue.
- They are addictive. We have seen above that processed foods are manufactured to be the most rewarding food our brain can experience so that we cannot control our desire to have more and leading us to lose control over their consumption.
- They Are Too High in Refined Carbohydrates. Our bodies need carbs because they can improve your health, they can protect you from various diseases and supply your body cells with vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. But the main source of your carbs must come from fresh raw vegetable, not from grains.
You need fiber because it is used as a prebiotic (feeding for your good gut flora) and because it is converted into short-chain fats that can be used as fuel for your cells in place of sugar.
What you need to do, is to limit is the intake “net” carbohydrate amount (the total carbs minus the finer) to about 50 grams a day.
Processed foods are filled with a very little amount and the worse type of fiber: the one that remains from refined carbohydrates. These refined carbohydrates cause fast raise in your blood of blood sugar and insulin. And when their levels will go down a few hours later you will feel a strong craving for carbs which will lead to another spike in blood glucose and insulin. You will be in a “sugar roller coaster”. With time, the effects of these up and downs caused by excess refined foods will lead to many chronic diseases.
Fiber helps prevent diabetes, just be sure to get most of your fiber from vegetables, nuts, and seeds, not grains,
The following whole foods,contain high levels of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Psyllium seed husks
- Cauliflower and broccoli and Brussel sprouts
- Root vegetables
- Almonds and berries
- Onions and sweet potatoes
White flour which is another substance commonly employed for the manufacturing of processed foods is just a starch devoid of nutrients and full of toxins: the grain seeds are treated with fungicides; then the plants are then sprayed with pesticides; the harvest is stored in bins coated with insecticides; then chlorine oxide in the form of a chlorine gas bath is used as a whitener, as well as an aging agent.
- Most Processed Foods are Low In Nutrients. You will not get enough vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and the various trace nutrients that come only with natural whole UNprocessed foods.
- They Require Less Time And Energy To Be Digested. Because most of the fiber has been taken out and the ingredients are just refined isolated nutrients.
- Processed Foods Are High In Trans Fats and/or Processed Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils. These fats contain excessive amounts of Omega-6 fatty acids, which can drive oxidation and inflammation in the body with increased risk of heart disease.
These oils have a chemical structure that has been altered to prevent the product from going rancid in order to increase their shelf life. The Harvard School of Public Health notes that trans fats promote immune system over-activity and inflammation and are linked to heart disease, stroke, and diabetes, among other chronic diseases. In addition to being chemically extracted from their source, chemicals are also used to mask the odor and change the taste of the oil.You must eat real fats like lard, butter, coconut oil and olive oil instead.
Until next time.